These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
The Freie Universität’s mentoring program is designed for students – the mentees – to receive support from their mentors at the beginning of their studies. The mentors meet up regularly with their mentees during the first two semesters and talk with them about various topics concerning university and studying.
What are the mentoring sessions about?
- Introduction to and getting started at university and the department/institute
- Sharing experiences and networking
- Planning your studies and time management
- Learning strategies
- Methods and skills relevant for your subject and discipline
- Balancing university, work, and family life
- Preparing for term papers and exams
- Internship and job opportunities
- Planning for study abroad semesters
How can you register for the mentoring program?
You can register for the mentoring program during the orientation week and at introduction events of the departments and institutes at which the mentors will introduce themselves. Later registration is also possible at the departments’ mentoring offices. The mentoring program’s website will tell you which departments offer the program and who the contact person there is.