These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
2nd Semester: Module 4
Social structure and Inequality in European societies
This module provides an introduction to the analysis of social structures. Differences between European and non-European societies are described and their evolution is analyzed. The structural analysis of European societies covers, among others, the following aspects: population, family and marriage structures, education and gender inequalities, economy and labor force structures, structures of political participation, welfare state regimes, vertical and horizontal mobility, structure of internal and external migration, social policies including pension and social security schemes.
Lecture: The social structure of European societies
- European Welfare State Regimes in East-West Comparison
- The Social Europe. The Social Policy of the EU
- Material Inequalities and their Legitimation in Modern Welfare States
- Family Change and Family Policies in Comparative Perspective
- Comparing Education Inequalities across Europe
- Gender Inequality in Europe
- Life-course Regimes in Europe
Please note that the lecture is basically the same in each semester, but the specific topics of the seminars change each year.