These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
The research oriented Master’s program will provide you with knowledge and skills that will enable you to work in academic and non-academic social research institutions. Furthermore, the acquired skills can be applied in other fields, e.g. national, European and international organizations, companies, associations, non-governmental organizations, and public services.
The aim of the studies is to learn to practically use theoretical and empirical tools of sociology.
The Master’s program gives you an extraordinary opportunity to acquire skills and competences that you can consecutively use in various fields or professions:
After graduating from the program you are able to:
- describe and explain socio-cultural, economic and cultural differences of the EU member states in a scientifically elaborated manner;
- analyse changes within the European Community caused by economic and political integration and analyse the development of a European society;
- analyse Europe within the context of globalization and in contrast to other regions of the world.
During the studies you spend a lot of time intensively analysing the European societies with the use of various methods of social research. Depending on your focus, you gain expertise and become qualified to work with:
- the methods of comparative social research,
- particular quantitative methods (e.g. analysis of regression),
- particular qualitative methods (e.g. in-depth interviewing),
- statistics software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, R).
In addition to analytical and methodological skills you apply on a daily basis the standards of scientific work and gain expertise is such fields as:
- independent researching and review of scientific literature,
- drafting and giving scientific talks and presentations,
- writing scientific papers, theses and other texts.