These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
1st Semester: Module 2
Sociological Theories of Social Change and Integration
In the second module sociological theories of integration and social change are discussed in detail, starting with classics like Emile Durkheim and Max Weber up to contemporary sociological theories and alternative theoretical traditions, like conflict, network, and modernization theories. A particular focus is the application of these theories to the process of European integration.
Lecture: Theories of Integration
- Sociological Theories of European Integration
- Conflict Sociology and Conflict Theory
- Organizational and Institutional Theory
- Europe as a Process, a Project and a Problem
- Ideas of a European ‚Society‘
- Theories of Integration and Socialization in Europe
Please note that the lecture is basically the same in each semester, but the specific topics of the seminars change each year.