These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
1st Semester: Module 3
Methods of Comparative Research in Social Sciences
The third module covers basic and advanced approaches and tools for empirical comparative research. For instance, students become familiar with important quantitative, qualitative and experimental methods, the principles and best practices of comparative research, and useful longitudinal studies. They learn how to use methodological knowledge for a critical discussion of other empirical studies and for conducting individual research projects in the upcoming semesters.
Lecture: Methods of Comparative Research
- Examples and Problems in Comparative Research
- Understanding Quantitative Comparative Studies
- Quantitative Analysis Exemplified on Youth Unemployment and Labor Market Entry Studies
- Applied Regression Analysis Using Stata
- Methods of Comparative Qualitative Research
- Experimental Methods in the Social Sciences
Please note that the lecture is basically the same in each semester, but the specific topics of the seminars change each year.