These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
3rd Semester: Module 7
The research practicum is the highlight of the third semester. It provides a great opportunity for students to develop their own research projects under intense supervision of one or two instructors. The aim of the course is to facilitate the transformation of students into researchers able to conduct their own empirical research.
Each winter term three or four research practica of thematic and methodological variety are offered. Qualitative, quantitative or experimental methods are applied to research into structural and cultural aspects of European integration and European societies. Small groups secure a productive work atmosphere and intense support of the projects, from the initial idea through conceptualization, project design, data collection, data analysis, the interpretation of results up to the writing of a research report.
Exemplary topics from the last years
- The End of the European Dream? People’s Beliefs on the Causes and Solutions of the European Crisis and their Readiness for Transnational Solidarity
- The Political Relevance of Culture
- Experimental Analysis of Social and Cultural Differences
- Transnationalization of Lifestyles
- Collective Memory and Collective Identity in Europe
- Globalization and Transnational Human Capital
- Attitudes towards Social Inequality
- Gate-Keeping Processes in School-to-Work Transitions