These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
2nd Semester: Module 5
Culture and Values in European Societies
This module covers cultural similarities and differences between the European societies. Issues like values, identities, religion, language constellations, political, economic, and environmental attitudes, collective remembrance, moral concepts, perceptions of social inclusion and inequality as well as patterns of cultural practices are in the focus here. Moreover, the concepts of global and European cultures are discussed.
Lecture: Cultural Differences and Similarities between the Member States of the European Union
- Collective Identity in the European Context
- Cultural Commonalities and Differences in the World – Theoretical Controversies and Empirical Findings
- Religiosity, Churches and Sects in Europe
- Values and Values Change in Cultural and Country Comparison
- A Cultural Perspective on Migration in Europe
- Collective Identity and Collective Remembrance in Europe
Please note that the lecture is basically the same in each semester, but the specific topics of the seminars change each year.