These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
2nd Semester: Module 6
Globalization and Regional Development
This module considers sociological approaches to globalization and regionalization (e.g. in Western and Eastern Europe, Northern America, and Latin America). Special attention is given to the interrelation between globalization and Europeanization. Global and local perspectives on Europe, including global inequalities and post-colonial approach are discussed as well.
Lecture: Global and Regional Transformations: Theories, Trends, Interdependencies
- Global Social Inequalities
- Theories of Globalisation
- Political Culture of China
- Inequality as Feminisation: Poverty, Migration, Labour
- Borders of Europe. Origin, Development and Influence of Borders in the EU
- Globalisation and Social Change
Please note that the lecture is basically the same in each semester, but the specific topics of the seminars change each year.