These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
Starting in the second semester, students choose a profile area (30 CP). Each profile area consists of:
- one Focus Area (15 CP)
- Module: Research Internship (10 CP) see below
- Module: Ethics and Policy Questions (5 CP) see below
The mandatory courses within the focus areas are described on the following pages.
- Explanation and discussion of fundamental concepts such as standards, values, morals, and ethics from an interdisciplinary and a disciplinary perspective
- Social consequences of one’s own actions
- Algorithmic bias (“discriminatory algorithms”)
- Fundamentals of ethical discourse
- History of ethics committees in Germany
- Tasks and rules of ethics committees; how ethics committees work
- Current challenges
- Future prospects for ethical actions and research
The students gain practical research experience in the area of data science and apply instructional content learned in their study program to research practice. They gain experience in project coordination and implementation and develop teamwork skills.