These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
Focus Area "Data Science"
This specialization puts the data in the center. State-of-the-art analysis and knowledge extraction techniques from modern statistics and machine learning will be expored and applied to realistic data-sets. Consequences from the data generation process and big-data topics will also be considered.
The following module is mandatory in this area:
This course offers an introduction to various types of data and analysis techniques which are typically used in the life sciences (e.g. omics technologies). The goal is to get a deeper understanding of advanced concepts and data analytical methods in the area of life sciences.
The focus will be on the following topics:
- acquisition and pre-processing of data from the area of life sciences,
- explorative analysis techniques,
- concepts and tools for reproducible research,
- theory and practice of methods and models for the analysis of data from the life sciences (statistical inference, regression models, methods of machine learning),
- introduction to methods of big data analysis.
After successful completion of this course, participants are able to evaluate, plan and conduct investigations in the life sciences using common methods.