These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
Applicants from outside of Germany
Any qualifications, certifications or transcripts that are in a language other than German or English will need to be submitted alongside a certified translation.
Make sure you leave yourself enough time before the deadline to get certified copies and translations of the required documents!
Required application materials
- Completed application form
- Notarized copy of your High School leaving certificate or diploma, including an official transcript with your GPA
All of your documents should be submitted to uni-assist. Please visit their website and follow the guidance outlined there.
English language proficiency
In order to study in the B.A. program, applicants have to provide proof of English language proficiency at level C1 or pass an English test at the language center of Freie Universität. A description of this test can be found here.
English language certificates must not be older than 3 years. Please submit a copy of the respective certificate to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of acceptable language ceritifcates can be found here.
- The general student counseling service of the Freie Universität Berlin can be contacted personally, online, by phone or e-mail.
- The academic advisement office of the John F. Kennedy institute can be contacted here.
- Further information about the application process and the numerus clausus (NC) – representing the qualifications and average grade required for admission – as well the FU English Test to prove C1 English proficiency (can be supplemented) is listed on the central pages of the FU.
- John-F.-Kennedy Institut for Nordamerican Studies
- Study Programs at the Freie Universität Berlin
- Studying in Berlin and Brandenburg [in German]
- Higher Education Compass – Degree programs in all of Germany
- Uni im Gespräch, regular event at the FU for whoever is interested in studying here [in German]
- e-learning portal: how to study with success
- Studierendenwerk Berlin: Financial Aid for Studying (BAföG etc.), student housing, student cafeterias etc.
- Studienplatzbörse [in German]