These pages are not displaying properly because the Compatibility View in your Internet Explorer is enabled. We suggest that you remove 'fu-berlin.de' from your list of sites that have Compatibility View enabled.
- In Internet Explorer, press the 'Alt' key to display the Menu bar, or press and hold the address bar and select 'Menu bar'.
- Click 'Tools' and select 'Compatibility View settings'.
- Select 'fu-berlin.de' under 'Websites you've added to Compatibility View'.
- Click 'Remove'.
Professional skills courses
A compulsory component of every BA program at Freie Universität Berlin is a comprehensive 30-CP professional skills study area that is offered in two forms:
General professional skills courses (ABV) include a mandatory professional internship as well as modules from the following skill areas, depending on a subject’s study regulations:
ABV Skill Areas:
- (modern) foreign languages
- information and media skills
- gender and diversity awareness
- organization and management
- communication skills
- additional subject-related qualifications
- sustainable development
- research orientation
- professional internship
Teaching-related professional courses (LBW) introduce students to elementary questions in the field of education and teaching. Students gain insight into the professional field of teaching and learn to reflect on their practical experience through a theoretical perspective.
Further information: BA and MA Programs with teaching training
ABV and LBW each have their own study and examination regulations.
Undergraduate BA students whose subject combination is eligible for teacher training and who want to keep that option open have to take the teaching-related professional courses; all others have to take the general professional skill courses.